27 June 2005

Malt Rage

I hate Karl Rove. I am so tired of these 3rd-grade I'm-rubber-you're-glue shouting matches between the democrats and republicans (couldnt resist newbie!). I am so tired of his comments about how liberals are a bunch of lily-livered pansies. Yes Karl, I know. And you are all a bunch of gun-toting racists; Can we all move on to something more important? How can he, at the begining of his speech to the New York Conservative Party attack liberals for playing partisan politics (which sounds like an oxymoron to me) and then conclude his speech with this...

"Has there been a more revealing moment this year than when Democratic Senator Richard Durbin, speaking on the Senate floor, compared what Americans had done to prisoners in our control at Guantanamo Bay with what was done by Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot - three of the most brutal and malevolent figures in the 20th century?
Let me put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts to the region the words of Senator Durbin, certainly putting America's men and women in uniform in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."

Are you suggesting that liberals want to harm men and women in uniform? What kind of game are you playing Karl?

God how I hate him.


Two Minutes Hate
So yes, I could go on for hours about my hatred of Mr. Rove but I thought it would be better for my mental health to bring up a subject that I was ranting about earlier with two friends. Yes, that is right...the soaring costs of beer. Here is an excerpt from an email I sent today to said friends...

Honestly...what does a chick have to do to get an affordable pint around here? You would think that there is a beer shortage. That the price per keg has jumped to $60, much like the recent oil prices. Perhaps the U.S., as we speak, is invading Germany and Ireland and Belgium to "liberate" their people and free up some much needed reserve supplies of the sweet sweet beer. If we aren't, perhaps we should be. Storming the breweries all across Europe carrying dollies for the kegs and steins to quench our unending hunger for the malty beverage. I would gladly sign up for the Beer Wars. Operation Hop, Operation Enduring Drunkards. We would need a better name. Additionally, we live in Denver-a place sometimes touted as having the most micro-breweries this side of the Atlantic, our mayor is a Brewery Magnate. The attack should begin at home ladies. Yes, I am talking about a revolution.

So...yes. That is what I wrote this morning while lamenting a great new pub in denver that has inexpensive food and a great vibe but pricey pints. Sure, I know that $60 for a keg isnt a bad price but you get the idea.

On my recent trip to Kansas I was most astounded not by the wonderful music, the friendly people, the green rolling hills, or the fact that you can buy beer on sunday. No, what knocked my socks off was walking into the Freestate Brewery, hot and dripping after a long trip, ambling up to the bar and asking for a pint of the Ad Astra Ale (Bronze Medal Winner 1991 Great American Beer Festival - Dusseldorf Style Alts) and forking over $2.75. Yes my beer chugging friends you heard me right.

This has got to be like living in Hawaii and paying 25 bucks for a pineapple, like living in Philly and forking over 40 smackers for a cheese steak, like living in d.c and having to screw yourself with your pants on instead of waiting for a politician to do it.

As someone once said "I hurl these haters, cruel, sinful, and mean people of the world, into the wombs of demons again and again." Obviously they paid too much for a 90 Shilling.

Bottoms Up~
Bird

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... beer. Like it, I do.

Yoda.