04 June 2009

Coach Sacco?

Joe Sacco, new Avs coach. They moved the former NHL'er up from our AHL team the Lake Erie Monsters.

I dont know much about Sacco, but i agree with Munpe Q that I like the idea of pulling up a guy from the AHL. I vaguely remember Sacco as a player and I have no idea how he is as a coach. The Monsters are only in their second season and they didnt have a stellar record but there are so many factors that play into that...

I think anything to shake things up is a good move. Avs need some fresh blood.

Expect to see an announcement about retiring from Sakic as soon as the Stanley Cup Finals conclude....you know he's done.

Next year will be....interesting.


~B

2 comments:

Hercules Rockefeller said...

Is Vanzetti an assistant coach?

Bird said...

Indeed. Expect a lot more fighting this coming season...