14 April 2009

Holy Ghost Batman!

Here are some shots from Easter Mass at Holy Ghost Church:





I know, its like a bad batman episode...you keep expecting the penguin to pop out near the organ but they are tilty because i was taking the shots surreptitiously.



The church is really very beautiful...photos really dont do it justice. If you are a local or in town visiting you should really make an effort to stop in.

I can report that there was no touching of the soul or burning of the flesh...which i think is a good thing all around.

~B

4 comments:

Hercules Rockefeller said...

You love jesus.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, those columns look like solid marble! And that is the biggest pipe organ I've ever seen! And a painted dome ceiling! With stained glass!

Damn, those religious folks got them some serious money. I hope you didn't put anything in the plate.

PS: Did you take communion?

Hercules Rockefeller said...

where is this church? is it the one on Monaco that looks like a skateboard ramp?

Bird said...

This church is at 19th and California.

It appears that the columns are solid marble. The church was funded by Helen Bonfils in 1943. It was designed by J. Jacques B. Benedict in 1923. I am not sure how much of the interior was his idea but it is certainly spectacular.

I did not take communion as I am not a believer.