01 November 2006

Pseudoephedrine

Has anyone been to the drugstore lately? I have....there was the trip to pick up various cold prevention items for my man Q and when that didnt work there was a trip to pick up various coffee and medication items. Now, seeing as Q has a bit of sinus pressure it seemed wise to take the time to go to the pharmacy counter and pick up the heavy duty stuff with pseudoephedrine, yes my friends, I am that good.

Anyway, months upon months ago i had my first, "What, this medication is located where?" when i tried to buy meds after 7:30pm (gasp!). Anyway, i choose my poison and walk up to the window only to see the nice pharmacy guy pull out a huge binder from behind the counter. As an aside I want to point out that he wasnt wearing a white lab coat thingy. This is an important aside because I always thought it was bs for these guys to be wearing lab coats around like they are actually back there creating the drug instead of just counting the number of pills and sliding them into a plastic cup. But, i digress...

So in this binder is the pseudoephedrine log sheet. Yeah, that's right. A tally of all the folks who have walked in and needed to buy something for the sniffles. I have to produce a picture id even ("Colorado I hope..." he says to me). So he takes my DL number, my name, what kind and how much medication I am purchasing. To this guys credit, he is very nice and even puts up with my snide, ohh I am gonna make so much meth, comments. I have to print and sign the sheet as well as provide an address. Well, you know I am going to make it up just like Q always gives a fake phone number to the cashier at the mall when you buy shoes. Problem is, phone numbers are relatively easy to fake, all you really have to avoid is 867-5309; addresses however, that's a different story. And so to avoid writing 123 Pine Street, Your Town, CO 80210, I write the first one that comes into my head...1000 Chopper Cir. Denver, CO 80204. Oopsy.

Well, anyway, it worked out because i got a nice latte after ward which, even later i spilled on my shirt so now i smell like autumn in Connecticut. I think I had a point here...but maybe not.

No comments: