23 September 2007

The Many Loves Of Birdy P



It is late and again I cant sleep. So many random thoughts running through my mind.

Remember The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis? God, I loved that show when I was a kid. Still do although, it most likely doesnt hold up...like voltron sadly.



I think that most likely this blog wont be as good if you cant listen to my ipod while reading it. Right now I am listening to the song "Kaze Wo Atsumete" from the Lost in Translation soundtrack. In case you were wondering, I have no idea what the song is about and I dont think i want to know.

Cherish by The Association. This song makes me think of that long long drive on The Loneliest Road in America. I had a severely sprained ankle and had left my cd's in San Francisco. 13 hours with only intermittent AM radio and my ipod. Luckily someone in bumfuck nevada was playing Cherish. They dont write songs like that anymore.

Wolf Parade, Grounds for Divorce....I like em even if the lead singer has a bad voice.

Late Night Musings
I love the smell of sunscreen on skin. Mine, or anyone elses. There is something so, summer-y or active or another adjective, that makes me happy inside.

I cant stop thinking about Yuma, Arizona and okra at the crazy texas restaurant while i decided if I should blow off Tucson and drive to LA.

I am thinking about Carter Lake and the rock and Alaska.

I am thinking about Q and how great it felt today when he placed his hand on my head. The sun was shining and there was a great breeze but it was so cool and his hand so warm.

About how much I still like the Spin Doctors. I cant help myself. There are a couple bands I listened to in High School and no matter how lame or strange or stupid they are I just cant resist them. Crash Test Dummies anyone? Whenever I hear SDrs I think of PE class with Sab.

About Fairfax, VA and how, sadly, I hope I dont get sent there...ever

My grandmother and mother who lost someone close to them and how much it sucks to loose people close to you.

I finished a wonderful book tonight that you should read. The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets. I love it and hate it when you are enjoying a book so much that you dont want it to end. Really, very good stuff. And again I am looking for something else to read. Anyone have something to recommend?

Sorrow by David Bowie. Lord that is a good song. The happiest sad song ever.

*************

I think it may be time to rest. Perhaps typing this all out will wring it from my mind. One can only hope.

Sweetest of dreams to you...

Birdy

2 comments:

happy cynic said...

I love the way you write, Bird.

Bird said...

Why thank you Miss F