23 March 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday....

How strange is it that my mothers birthday is March 22nd and my fathers is the 23rd? They got married on the 22nd, most likely to make remembering the date easier. Just yesterday i blogged about my mothers birthday so I thought I would do the same for my father.

Now, many of you who have been reading my blog are somewhat familiar with my Father. If you havent read previous posts, do so here, here, and here.

Since you know him so well at this point I thought I would tell you a quick story about him. While my father and i have our issues, i must say that the old man has made my life more interesting.

My sister told me this story about pops. It is crazy similar to the time he tried to teach me to leap from a moving vehicle at the age of 7. SLD, who would have been 11 at the time, was riding in the front seat of the family car while three of my brothers and another sister were riding in the back. Dad told her that he felt like he was having a heart attack. Then, rather than pull over and stop the car, call for help, or head to the nearest hospital, he proceeds to tell her how to drive the manual vehicle if he should slump over at the wheel. "This is the clutch and this is the brake and this is the gas..." Needless to say SLD was more than a little frightened.

It turns out that my father was just fine. No heart attack, no slumping, just a flair for the dramatic. He is 71 today, and soon will be heading back to The Edge for the spring and summer.

You wont read this pops, but happy birthday.

~B

A photo of my dad and some of his pals when I was just a kid.

No comments: